Vertical Endeavors Rules Agreement
- General Rules
- Auto Belay Rules
- Bouldering Rules
- Top Out Bouldering Rules
- Belaying Rules
- Lead Climbing Rules
Anyone entering the Facility must have a signed/completed “Vertical Endeavors Release of all Claims, Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnification Agreement, Rules Agreement and General Warnings” form on file.
Members and guests under the age of 18 must have the Form signed by their parent or court-appointed legal guardian.
Everyone must check in at the front counter before entering the climbing area. Members must show a counter employee their membership card and picture ID when entering.
Before using the Auto Belays, Bouldering, Belaying, Lead Climbing or Lead Belaying, you must be checked out by a Vertical Endeavors staff member. You will be given a wristband when you check in. Upon passing
the qualication, the staff will remove the wristband and will enter your name in our database as qualied for that activity.
WARNING – Wristbands removed by the climber may result in loss of climbing privileges.
• Vertical Endeavors is committed to establishing and maintaining an environment free from discrimination, harassment and other behavior deemed offensive. Discrimination, harassment and offensive behavior in the facility isprohibited. Such behavior, includes, but is not limited to, inappropriate remarks or conduct related to a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status or age. Any such behavior that hasthe purpose or effect of interfering with the use of VE’s facilities is strictly prohibited. Likewise, verbal or physical conduct or communications of a sexual nature are strictly prohibited. Conduct of a sexual nature includes but is notlimited to use of sexual words, sexual jokes, sexual innuendo, sexual advances, request for sexual favors, sexually motivated physical contact, or making or displaying images of a sexual nature
• Members and guests 18 (or older) must present a valid photo ID upon submitting their “VE Liability Waiver and Rules Agreement”.
• Members may be required to show a counter employee their membership card and ID upon entering the facility.
• Everyone must check in at the front counter before entering the climbing facility.
• All members and guests are required to participate in a Facility Orientation during their initial visit or re-take if they have not visited the facility in the past 120 days.
• All members and guests must comply with the judgment, direction and decisions of the VE staff members on duty.
• Only rock climbing equipment approved by VE staff is to be used in the climbing facility.
• Rock climbing instruction is not allowed in the facility (except by VE staff).
• No rock climbing or other activities are allowed while under the influence of intoxicating or mood altering substances.
• Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult unless they are part of a special VE program.
• Absolutely no horseplay, running, swinging or spinning on the ropes or throwing rubber, is allowed.
• Climbing with cellular phones, audio players, headphones or similar devices is prohibited while belaying and climbing.
• Only appropriate climbing footwear will be permitted on climbing surfaces (rock climbing shoes or athletic shoes are recommended).
• No bare feet are allowed in any VE facility (except in the locker rooms).
• Members and guests must have appropriate clothing on at all times – shirts must be worn in the facility (except in the locker rooms).
• Helmets are available for free for those that desire to use one.
• No snacks, food or beverage (except bottled water) are allowed in the climbing areas.
• Only chalk balls are allowed. No loose chalk is allowed.
• Vertical Endeavors is not responsible for lost, stolen or broken items.
• Do not store items in shared spaces (e.g. workout areas, climbing areas, landing mats).
• The use of vulgar language or improper conduct is prohibited.
• Packs, shoes, coats and other loose items must be stored in a locker or cubbies (locks are available for purchase at the front counter).
• Locks are not allowed to remain on lockers overnight – locks remaining on lockers at close will be cut off and the contents will be put in the “Lost & Found”.
• VE is not responsible for any item left by any participant that is placed in “Lost & Found”.
• Groups and lessons in progress have priority on certain routes – if an instructor needs a particular route, participants may be asked to move to another route.
• If you are unfamiliar with the proper use of the weight and/or exercise equipment, please ask for an orientation prior to use.
• Be aware that parking restrictions exist at all VE facilities. Please note parking lot signage for restrictions.
• Overnight parking at any VE facility is prohibited. Your car may be towed by building management at your expense.
All customers using the Auto Belays must be oriented to the proper use of this system. Orientation will allow you to use only the Auto Belays until you have passed the regular top rope belay check-out. It is the climber’s responsibility to properly clip into the Auto Belay and to perform the proper double checks on themselves. Always “DOUBLE CLIP”! Always “DOUBLE CHECK”! Stay in line with top anchor. NEVER CLIMB INTO SLACK!
Children under the age of 12 must be supervised and connected to the Auto Belays by an adult.
Using Auto Belays to climb cracks is not allowed due to safety concerns.
Bouldering is only allowed over padded areas. Do not boulder under roped climbers. Bouldering is not allowed next to, above or across the emergency door area. It is recommended to have a minimum of one spotter per climber when bouldering. When Bouldering, the Boulderer’s feet shall not pass above a height on the wall that is equivalent to the height of the shoulders of the Boulderer when standing on the floor. A climber’s voluntary participation in Bouldering indicates their acknowledgment that Bouldering is dangerous and that a spotter may not prevent injuries. Spotters understand that they may be injured by the Boulderer if they should fall. Padded landing surfaces may help to prevent injuries but are not designed to prevent injuries to extremities. Serious injuries can occur on any landing surface. Climb at your own risk!
Only authorized participants may climb or boulder on the walls. Authorization must be obtained by demonstrating the appropriate skills to an appointed member of the staff on duty in the facility.
• You must be 18 to top out on boulder. If you do not demonstrate controlled falls or topping out you may lose your top out boulder privileges.
• Top out boulder wristbands must be worn at all times while in top out boulder area.
• You must sign top waiver and yellow card document prior to bouldering on your own.
• No flips, tricks or jumping from top out bouldering area.
• Practice safe falling techniques; roll if needed to reduce impact. All falls are ground falls!
All belayers and climbers agree to utilize proper belaying technique and agree to DOUBLE CHECK their set-up before beginning the climb. The belayer will check the climber’s gear and knots, and the climber will check the belayer’s system and exchange confirmation that the set-up is correct. This is most important and must be performed at the start of each and every climb!
The belayer must pay attention to the climber at all times.
Children must be 14 or older in order to belay (Exceptions by arrangement only.)
Lead climbing at Vertical Endeavors is a privilege. Lead climbers that do not abide by the Lead climbing rules will be warned and Leading privileges may be taken away. Practice lead falls are not allowed in the facility except in lessons supervised by Vertical Endeavors staff. All Lead climbers must have a VE lead climbing tag on their harness.
Children must be 16 or older to Lead Belay or Lead Climb (Exceptions by arrangement only.)
Any infractions of the above rules will result in loss of privileges for that event. Repeated infractions will result in loss of membership privileges.